Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring: it might not be in the air, but at least it's in the mail!

My first package of seeds have arrived! Woot!
These ones are all from Urban Harvest which a local business specializing in rare, heirloom, and native varieties.  Most of their seeds and seedlings are also certified organic by Ecocert.
Here's the back of the sugar snap pea packet:

I think most of the rest of what I'll plant this year will be purchased as seedlings, since I don't have any indoor space to start my own (re: I'm to lazy to rearrange the house and rig up a light).
Come on spring! I have carrots & things to plant!

What will you be growing this season?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to plant seedlings too... especially for the tomatoes and peppers. I still can't believe I didn't get a single tomato, despite the love I gave those plants :P
    I can't wait to get out in the garden either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't get any tomatoes either! Have you tried cherry tomatoes? Mine always do better than my larger tomato varities.

    ReplyDelete