Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Liebster Award!

The lovely Skwishee over at Just a Mum? has given me a Liebster Award!  Woo!


As with many blog awards, there are things I have to do in response:

“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 twitter followers (I don't twitter) and the rules of the award are that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”

So, to start, here are the 11 random facts about me.
1. I currently have some germs trying to take over my sinus cavities.  Not enough to say I'm sick, but enough to be annoying.
2.  My partner bought me a TARDIS teapot for a going back to work present! Nerd girl squee!
3.  My new teapot will go nicely with my new TARDIS Christmas tree ornament that I got this past Christmas.
4.  I don't do Twitter as I think I already spend enough time goofing off on the internet.
5.  I've never been to Europe.
6.  I had delicious Mexican food for lunch today, during which the baby decided to mush avocado into her pants.
7.  I'm currently reading the most recent Harry Dresden novel.
8.  I really wish the Dresden TV series had cast James Marsters (otherwise known as Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer).  Maybe then it wouldn't have sucked so much and not gotten itself cancelled.
9. Way back in the day (like when Star Trek TNG was still airing new episodes), my 7th grade self and my good friend called Patrick Stewart being the only choice to play Professor Xavier of the X-Men, should a movie or tv series ever get made.  We were so right!
10.  I've discovered that it is really hard to make and drink a cup of tea without it getting cold & gross when you have a small child.
11.  I plan on attempting to make my own yogurt in the near future.

Here are Skwishee's questions and my answers:
1. If you could learn any one skill overnight, what would it be and why?
This is a tough one.  If telekinesis was real, I'd say that 'cause then I could turn off the annoying baby toys that endlessly play music without touching them.
2. What music do you listen to when you're feeling down?
Grunge (usually Pearl Jam, because Eddie Vedder) or metal (because I am usually more rageful than sad when I am down)
3. When's the last time you were stupid happy?
During that brief window after the baby was born but before the reality of never getting a full night's sleep again hit.
4. If I gave you a t-shirt with a picture of bacon on it, would you wear it?
Maybe.  What's the bacon doing?
5. In your opinion, what is the perfect food?
Cheese.
6. Go to a party, or stay home with a book?
Hrm.  The parties that I usually go to are pretty awesome and chillaxed, so I would go to those.  If it was a stereotypical party as portrayed in mass media, definitely stay home with a book.
7. Who would you most like to be trapped in an elevator with?
The vending machine guy, so long as he's got his dolly full of snacks & drinks.  No hunger or thirst while you wait!
8. Do you watch the news? Why, or why not?
No.  I get the newspaper and read that in order to justify doing the daily crossword.
9. Servers start singing Happy Birthday to you at a restaurant: Do you cringe and endure, or sing along?
Cringe & endure while being secretly pleased.
10. Name a singer/song that you're embarrassed to admit you love.
I dunno.  There isn't that much music that I like that would be embarrasing.
11. If you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?
Sleeping, alone, wrapped up in *all* the blankets, with a book in case I woke up and needed to read a bit in order to settle back down.

My nominees are:
MOV at Mothers of Brothers
Jen at My Adorable Smalltown Life
Marilyn at MarilynAnnCampbell.com (Shumgullion)
And anyone in my list in the sidebar over there who wants to join in too!

My questions for you are:
1. Vanilla ice cream: a cop out instead of getting real ice cream flavours or truly fantastic on its own?
2.  Are you one of those people who can only wear black socks, or do your feet get to have some fun colours and patterns?
3. What is your preferred method of caffeination?
4. If you had to choose a domesticated animal as a house pet and could not choose a dog or a cat, what would you pick?
5. What do you want science to create in an easily commercially available way first: teleportation a la Star Trek or hover skateboards a la Back to the Future?
6.  Unicorns or centaurs?
7.  Favourite food that tastes like purple?
8.  Which do you believe is the better movie trilogy: original Star Wars (pre-Lucas mucking things about) or Lord of the Rings?
9.  What is your favourite childhood song (eg. Down by the Bay, The Cat Came Back, etc)?
10.  What do you usually have for breakfast?
11.  Pancakes or French toast?

1 comment:

  1. I love your response to the trapped in an elevator question. Good thinking!! :)

    ReplyDelete